Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The glorious first draft; the merciless shredding

Well, my next project is under way.  I've written the draft and given copies to my interviewees so they can let me know if I misquoted them, and of course I think the whole article sucks!  

Nah, there's potential, I've got some more tweaking to do and the deadline is still over a week away.  Sometimes when I get critiques I get really mad, but I don't want to be one of those people who can't take criticism.  Sometimes people get all uptight when really what they wrote needs work.  Sometimes I do get mad, then realize I'm just mad at myself because I do need to edit.  Others I get mad because I feel like the advice is contradictory or unnecessary.  But in the end I think I do a good job about finding the difference these days between what I need to consider and what I can ignore.  

I think I may be graduating to the point of having beta readers one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment